Urgennttt helpppp

Also i have a couple of wires i cant find any sockets for and a broken interior switch and a switch thats added of which i cant find out whats its used for any ideas?

Rear fog light switch ?

That’s probably a good shout. My '98 car has a headlight adjustment dial where the missing/broken switch is, but I believe on the earlier cars it’s a switch for the active exhaust.

That rocker switch maybe to isolate the electric motor on the radio aerial ? I did the same on mine to stop the aerial going up every time I was only listening to mp3’s etc. Saves on wear and tear and reduces the amount of water getting into the motor etc

congrats… always stay positive

I replaced the coolant cap and tried to bleed the coolant again by leaving the cap open whilst the engine is running and allowing the air to escape. Did that for around 20 mins but the overheating still continued. i thought let me bleed it a bit more, waited a little for the engine to get cold and slowly opened the cap, water gushed out like a volcano, and as a result burnt my wrist and arm :slight_smile:

Anyhow, proceeding the volcano eruption, system was flushed and i refilled coolant with 5ltr of antifreeze and bled it again for 20 mins. still overheating. any ideas?

There is a water manifold on the air filter side of the engine. It has a lot of water pipes running in and out of it. I is quite common for these pipes to get blocked if you haven’t been using the correct water and anti freeze. Pull off the manifold and check that all of the waterways are clear. If they are blocked, it will prevent you from properly bleeding the system.

2 Likes

Did you have the heater on max heat position when you refilled it with coolant ? Maybe an air lock in the heat exchanger ? Might explain why it was only cool/luke warm when you tried it earlier ?

2 Likes

Ive turned the heating to max temp but not the blower, it was mid speed. I had cleared out out all large hoses before but not after the flush. Can it be the thermostat?

RIGHT!,Upon repeating the bleeding procedure a few times i think i overcome my overheating issue :slight_smile: Now, I cannot find the powersteering belt anywhere. every where i look i get the multi ribbed one where is mine is v grooved. this is the closest i got Belt, PAS, Mitsubishi GTO Z16A 3000GT twin turbo 1990-91, V-belt, power steering | eBay

1 Like

Hello,
The V-belt for early power steering pumps has OEM-partnumber MB636351.
If you can’t find one from Mitsubishi then you can use one of these replacements:

• continental 17365
  • dayco 17365
  • gates 9365
    There all 13mm wide and an inside length of 925mm.

you really are a diamond :slight_smile: ill start shopping :wink:

MANNNN, Despite having the part numb, that bellt is haaaaard to finddd. finally https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjO9bXJpv_rAhVG5u0KHcSDCYkYABADGgJkZw&sig=AOD64_0bek0oldeDC2NKhFXStJcRuVbWxQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwif7q7Jpv_rAhWEUMAKHbKCBxQQwzwIEA&adurl=

Gates https://www.evilempireperformance.co.uk/gto%20gates%201st%20generation%20v%20section%20power%20steering%20belt%201990-1991.html

either im going mad or that link just appeared out of no where :slight_smile:

Ello ello gents. I received my new power steering belt and its the size redmonster900 very kindly advised me of. However, when i compare the width to the very noisy belt that is currently on the car its thicker. It appears that they installed a belt for a tumble dryer

I just realised to get the power steering belt off you gotto take the alternator belt off first. Gutttteddd

Is there a easier way of installing the power steering belt in place? I have released the tensioner but it’s so tight it just doesn’t wanna fit in

Could be the wrong size belt ?

:disappointed_relieved: i hooope not. It looks like its the right size but i think i need another person to stretch the tensioner so i can bolt it in place.