Photos of your engine bays

8 Likes

Hi, my car had electronic suspension originally but someone replaced it with bc’s. I’m considering a Tein system recommended by EE to emulate the original setup.
Enda

Welcome. Nice and clean vay

1 Like

Here is my 1991 VR4 twin turbo

7 Likes

My 1993 VR4. Engine bay is all stock, AFAIK. Some day I’ll spend an afternoon cleaning the engine bay to try to get rid of salt residue on all the aluminum parts from its previous life of being driven in Chicago winters with salted roads.

9 Likes

Super nice. Did you replace hood heat shield?

1 Like

Brand new hood insulator from a local dealer for about $80 USD. The metal heat shield part is original.

4 Likes

My 91 na mk1 engine bay, I’m debating losing my cone filter for a standard air box with a panel filter.

3 Likes

Looks good! Your white in the bay will clean up very nice with just some soap/ water and brush

1 Like

The white cleans up good, I must have gotten some battery post spray on my wiper reservoir. It looks like red spray paint Ill need to find a way to remove it.

3 Likes

Everyone’s looks so tidy !!! Slightly embarrassed to put this up

3 Likes

It will clean up very good The secret for me was not to do it all at once. One u for it degreased and rinsed I took my time with various brushes and detail solution. In a few days it was done. I was able to put more into it by taking my time. Some will do it in one day.

1 Like

Here’s hoping !!! will come back when I get round to doing it get some helpful tips cheers guys

1 Like
2 Likes

How difficult is it to remove fuel rail for paint. Is there anything that must be done to ensure no screw up?

10 Likes

Work in progress🙂

6 Likes

Where did u get the injector cover?

I made it myself… working on a sparkplug cover also…

1 Like

Also been thinking on some kind of complete engine cover…something like BMW and audi has… But not sure if its doable…