Lower window weather strips

I’ve Just emailed him also

1 Like

Hi Joe are you taking strips to refurbish for customers. I bought what I think are the lesser version but so far they seem okay except the window catches on the rubber as I raise the window

I am not doing anything with the old strips at the moment. I am just working on methods that will give near perfect results.

1 Like

He has just emailed me . Next batch end of April earliest.

1 Like

Hi Gazz he has just emailed me he will have some at the end of April so I will keep you updated
Many thanks for the link
Darren

1 Like

Hi guys. Well that’s disappointing but the end of April is only a couple of weeks away so it could be worse. I’m sure it it will be worth the wait.

1 Like

I do know that ninjaperformance sells weatherstrips for 180 dollars. I see here a post 5 hours ago on facebook someone is selling their brand new one for 100 dollars shipped. I guess he bought it off that site and never used it.

If there was someone who could do qualify refurb work I feel it would be popular among the 3k heads

1 Like

It would be popular. I recently purchased I guess one of the chinese knock off brand ones last year. I thought it was the originally weatherstrip. Recently I picked up an original weatherstrip off of facebook market and wow is it much better than the chinese one I bought.

Back on sale ! Facebook Gruppen

I’ve been frequently scouring eBay for these - I did recently see a new set for $999… Seriously…
+1 on @Joe90 doing a restoration vid on these. :slight_smile:

Just paid $225(shipped) for a set from Cheng Shu - Cheng Shu

Will update when they arrive.

1 Like

Any news yet he has not replied to my request via his paypal email . How did you contact + link if you have one.

I received them on Friday, and put them on this weekend. Overall they look great, and seem sturdy… will post some pics shortly.
I contacted him on Facebook.

Ultimately really happy with them and would recommend.

This is side by side with the old oem

This pic is hard to tell, but it’s before/after on the drivers side.
(Excuse the mess, restoring lots in the car right now)

2 Likes

Thanks Jay . Have just emailed him again (reply to email he sent me saying May) so hopefully he will reply . Did you use paypal to pay him?

Yes I used PayPal. He shipped them using SF Express, and took slightly less than 2 weeks to arrive from payment. Usually if I get something from China, seems to take a month.

Got through on facebook Cheng Shu . All paid and worked out on messenger so sit and wait now. .
The originals looked so bad and just having front and rear respray so great timing.

They are with China post and tracking , so maybe 2 weeks as well . Like you china stuff is usually a month so we shall see.