Thought I would be the first to show

Hi Joe, thanks. Yeah great cars but under appreciated. Love the videos as well how. Great to have another forum.

This is my 1991 GTO tt, only had her since July ‘18
And has been off the road since jan’19 long story short tensioner failed and well you know the rest ha! I had top end rebuild of a mechanic who f####d the job and I picked her up in an even worse condition hense the tow truck pic … so I got her rebuilt again on my drive way​:joy::joy:and we still aren’t 100% there… problem being the previous owner who i bought it off done so much ‘custom work and wiring’ that it seems to be one problem fixed and other pops up hah… I’m sure Ill get there.

11 Likes

Hi Annabel
Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting pictures of your lovely car. I hear and see this story so many times.
The best advice I would give to anyone thinking of buying one of these cars is to check that it hasn’t been modified in any way. This is a recipe for disaster in every case. I hope you get it sorted soon because these are lovely reliable cars when serviced and cared for. Let me know if there are any videos I can do for you to help you save some money.
Joe

Thank you! Yeah rookie mistake haha never mind it’s all been a learning curve albeit a frustrating one haha, she’s running atm few issues I have is she’s only boosting at .5bar instead of 1.4 there seems to be quite a loud whistle like noise coming what seems to be the back of the engine… we’ve changed intake manifold gaskets etc and it’s still there haha also checked vac hoses etc… :tired_face:

Sounds like the waste gate on the rear turbo has gone. Unfortunately, the rear turbo is a bitch to get off but the good news is that you can usually repair them. Good luck.

Does suck when your the first good owner after the poor one

4 Likes

Found Some more pics of Mine :grin:

1536674578945_fact_2

6 Likes

That’s a lot of work and money gone into the engine bay. Is there a reason you changed the engine compartment body color from original?

Ah thanks… Is there anyway I Can confirm it’s definitely that before we start pulling things apart :see_no_evil::joy: what could be wrong with the waste gate? Haha sorry for the daft questions, I’m just learning as I go along hah ah you have YouTube? Have you got the link I’ll go watch… :blush:

The front turbo is quite easy to check if you have a compressor but the back one is damn near impossible. If you have really tiny hands and a cold engine, it may be possible to get your hand down the back and operate the valve manually to see if it is closes and opens properly.

this is the waste gate actuator removed from the turbo. 10-15 psi down the small pipe should cause the long arm to push out and open the valve. I have known the arm to become detached from the valve which allows the valve to stay partly open. I would try feeling for the arm first and check it is securely connected. Here is the arm connected to the turbo for your reference.

3 Likes

Thank you soo much very helpful with the pics for reference too, Ill have look at it tomorrow hoping for warmer weather ha :blush: Thanks again :metal:

It’s the other way around. I had the body repainted in Mazda mx8 metalic red. :grin:

Great looking cab Annabell, hope you get it sorted soon.

1 Like

Thank you :blush: I’m feeling hopeful she ll be up and running soon…

The wing end pieces are rare I’d say ! Nice

Hello,

Yeah i think they transform the rear end. They are in production still too

Think my car was modified at one point and then put back to std

https://www.vividracing.com/bozz-speed-rear-wing-extension-painting-mitsubishi-3000gt-9100-p-150762372.html

1 Like

Hi there mate how do I post pics, sorry never been part of a forum before?

6 Likes

Welcome! I haven’t seen one of these awesome cars in that colour before! She looks good.

1 Like

Your car looks mint mate. Summer only I take it.

1 Like

Yes it’s not my daily, I keep it away from damp and wet weather after carrying out some work on the side sills a couple of years back !