Everything is original except for the bill control arms

1 Like

Correction… the volk control arms

1 Like

I burned the bushings out and replaced with poly from 3SX. Did the gas tank too

1 Like

Wow. Thats a big job. Good luck.

1 Like

Very impressive. Did you do a video by any chance?

2 Likes

What did you do with the fuel tank ?

1 Like

6 Likes

Hey Joe… I didn’t do a video of the subframe refurb. It took a long time to do and and I’m a one man crew.

1 Like

Great job mate, well done :clap:

1 Like

Thanks. I have a great powder coat guy here in Jacksonville FL. The tank looked amazing on the inside. So I didn’t have to do anything to that. Also, the fuel pump was working and only 54k miles on it. But I replaced that also… just because I had it all apart.

1 Like

All new lines and gaskets on the tank also.

1 Like

The disconnect of the subframe was not easy. 4ws lines and abs lines and brake lines and brake lever line. I didn’t have a lift. I did this with floor jacks and no help. However, through a lot of bloody knuckles. It may be better than factory! I sent the steering rack to a place in California that refurbishes steering racks and the seals. I sent the rear diff to revenge performance in Missouri. They did a great job. The unit is held on to the frame with four bolts.

3 Likes

Its always nice to see such restoration projects on components that visually is hidden from plain view, hope the front looks as fresh and clean as the rear.

Some more pics

3 Likes

Oil cooler lines were slightly leaking… fixed it with new lines attached to original oil cooler

1 Like

Can someone help me with these aftermarket lines. I have seen many cars with them fitted and been really disappointed with what I have seen.
The problems I have seen are as follows.

1. The lines rub on the intercooler pipes.
  2. If the pipes have been manipulated to avoid the intercooler, then the lines kink after some time in service.
  3. The banjo fitting works loose at the oil pump due to the stresses caused by the un-natural twisting of the lines.
  4. People either remove or cut the splash guard in order to fit the lines in.
  5. The lines sometimes rub on the aux belt tensioner pulley.

Are these problems associated with just certain brands or is the problem common to all?

I can just say that I’ve replased both lines and oil cooler due to rust and leaks 5 years ago ( evilempire performance ) with no issues what’s so ever.

My lines are from 3SX. If necessary just use some zip tires to ensure clearance. Mine fit well.

Pics of mine are posted above.

@Jhardy81 , really impressive work.
Did u refurb or replace them lines on the rear subframe.
Where did you source the volks control arms?
Enda