Posible active aero front tray manufacturing

I called up a shop with an industrial sized 3d printer in San Francisco. They can replicate the tray after making a mold of mine, then refining it, repairing the damaged areas. They think it will take 3 or 4 attempts before getting it right. Then they will scan the replacement tray and program their printer. The process will cost between $4,000-$7,000. In order to bring the cost down to around $50-$100 per tray, they would need to send it to a company who specializes in making injection molds, for around $10,000+. I know lots of us are interested in replacing the tray; is anyone interested in investing in having these made? I think we can easily sell treats for $250-$300 a piece. If anyone is interested, please let me know, I can cover $2000 towards mass producing these.

1 Like

Hi Walter
It is worth looking at previous posts on this subject. Replacement options are already underway and should be available soon. The bigger problem may be the cost of shipping between countries.

@tomas Hi Tom Your question is in the wrong section, if You’re referring to Joe click on Joe90 ( user name ) and then message.

Thank you very much spiros

Long shot but did this ever get going? I am in need of a front aero. Thanks

Yes, there’s an EU version available now from pice of the members, I’m waiting to see who else wants one before i place my order since the overseas freight is expensive and will be the same if there’s more than one oreder. They can all be shipped together and the freight can be evenly split.

^^^^link to thread about the tray^^^^

How much is it? Good idea to get in on group shipping.

He’s charging 550 pounds each