Owners ages, just out of interest

Since putting my car up for Sale a couple of comments have been Posted about age, wondering how current owners are getting on age wise?
For the record, gulp, I’m 71 I feel 85 with my Hip but mentally still 18 until I try and get up from under the Car!
Am I the oldest owner, do I get a prize?

6 Likes

44 here, and relatively young GTO owner… Had my car for 6 years :grimacing:

6 Likes

I’m 22, my GTO is the first car i’ve properly worked on, not the best option for a novice but couldn’t help myself when I saw it for sale so close :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m 41 though I act like I’m in my 20’s. I bought my 94 Stealth in 2002. It was resurrected/replaced by my 91 3000GT in 2017. I also parted out 7 or 8 other 3s’s over the years. I had 3 DSM’s as well. Had a 93 Eclipse in 2001 (the 94 Stealth replaced it.) Also had a modded AWD Talon TSi in 2006. Then I had a 98 Spyder Eclipse GS in 2017 that I stripped for parts because it was far too rusted to save.

I daily drive a 2011 Lancer GTS that I have had since 2016.

So I have been a Mitsubishi product owner since 2001, a 3S owner since 2002. I have owned approximately 13 or 14 Mitsubishis over the past 20 years.

5 Likes

I am 55 and the story goes, and this was back in the winter of 92, I must have been 24 when I got my first ever glimpse of a black one on the streets of Bombay, India when i was visiting family. Wow was i impressed, that wide body and pop up headlights got my attention, we actually thought it was a Testarossa when we got near to its back end we clearly saw the center garnish that said MITSUBISHI. I still remember I had my uncle follow her down into one of the gazzilion side streets. We kinda stopped along side her, we did not ask questions but drove off. I still remember the long rear break lights that illuminated the entire back end. I have no idea then what model it was just that it was shinny black with chrome rims and super low to the ground and had a roar. I bet it was a 91 since I do believe Japan started to export the GTO to Asia and Australia in early 92.

4 Likes

57 and like everyone else feel like I’m 22. 2nd owner of my 94 VR4. Put over 100,000 miles on her. Still doing all the maintenance and wish I had the hands of a much younger person or at least smaller. Hahahah

3 Likes

73 pushed out on last day of tax year in 1948 very close to midnight . In those days tax rebate meant a lot lol

4 Likes

61 and I have owned my 1 owner 3000GT SL since 2014… It had 38000 when I bought it. I have had 2 RX7’s a Miata. Loved them but the GT is something totally different. Daily is a 2014 Nissan Altima. Nice ride and excellent gas mileage.

5 Likes

76 and feel like it when getting out from under it. Owned it since 2003. :grinning:

7 Likes

31 and have owned my 3000GT since 2019. At the time I had this and a 1984 BMW E30 project car but a house move forced the sale of one and I chose to keep the 3000GT. Daily drive a 2012 Mercedes C220 diesel estate that I have had nearly 5 years.

4 Likes

My dad and I have our GTO as a project. I am 17.

8 Likes

56, saw my first gto in Morrisons car park, thought I could never afford one now ownedsince 2006, would never part :gift_heart:

5 Likes

I’m also 71 and I’ve had my '93 3000GT manual NA since new and I find that’s it’s now hard to get on and off of the creeper or under the dash.

6 Likes

38 had it for about two years can’t wait for summer to start doing bits

4 Likes

Im 27 and my mom owned the car back when I was in kindergarten and when I turned 16 she gave me it. So have had it for 11 years now but its been in my family for at least 20.

7 Likes

Im 41 - Ive got my first GTO 12 years ago, sold it to get another GTO which Ive had for over 7 years now - can’t imagine owning a different car!!

4 Likes

No kiddin’. It’s real; my legs almost wouldn’t hold me up the other day after 4 hrs in/out of the car and squatting to work on parts on the garage floor!

2 Likes

71, have owned a white '92 SL automatic for 28 years, just replaced it with a white '92 SL… stick shift.

6 Likes

72 here and now wish I still had a hoist LOL.

4 Likes

I am 74 and have owned my '97 3000GT VR4 for 25 years! I always said I would keep it as long as I could get in and out of it. So far, so good. Shipped it to 3SX (Performance Factory) two years for “refreshing.” They did a great job, and the car is running strong with 104,000 miles. It is the best car I have ever owned by far!

5 Likes