First wash in four years :)

Btw I changed timing belt kit using the video tutorial, it worked a treat with no problems (Cheers Joe!)

6 Likes

Looking good Ross, is she on the road yet.
Btw: Iā€™m in Offaly.
Enda

1 Like

Alright Enda, no but will be soon. I got a few capacitors replaced in the ecu today so hopefully it will run better, need to test it out tomorrow. Iā€™m in Ballinasloe

About an hour from you , near Tullamore , I bought a set of door rubbers from someone in ballinasloe last year.
Wasnā€™t you by any chance.
Enda

I think there are like three other red GTOā€™s in this area (Ballinasloe/ Athenry). Iā€™m not familiar with the owners, but no that wasnā€™t me. I think I know the car belonged to him, it was painted at the polish garage in the town here.

Great to see another GTO in Ireland! Iā€™m in Kilbrittain l,West Cork.

1 Like

Yeah cheers, Iā€™m looking forward to getting it out for some drives and 90ā€™s tunes

2 Likes

Another one here, all be it in northern Ireland but hey, the more the merrier. Car looks great.

2 Likes

I thought it was a mk2 he had but I didnā€™t get to see his car, and I didnā€™t expect there to be 2 in the area let alone 4. This chap lived just on the outskirts of the town
Lot if these cars popping up over here , good to see. Thought there were little or no others out there, in my 3 years of ownership I have never seen another irish one and only one northern one at a show.
Enda

That looks really good :

1 Like

All the three others Iā€™ve seen are mk2ā€™s alright. With regard to not seeing GTOā€™s around I think the couple of thousand euro road tax has something to do with that ! :sweat_smile: Hopefully as they all turn 30yrs we will see more. Iā€™m disappointed my ecu wasnā€™t a success, Iā€™ve ordered the remaining capacitors I didnā€™t have to replace and see, if that doesnā€™t work I donā€™t know what I will do, maybe put aside money for a chrome ecu

Yeah, obviously road tax :rofl:, but I thought youā€™d see the odd one at the shows. My one will be 30 in November.
Regarding ECU, firstly what are the symptoms if you donā€™t mind me asking and secondly there are a couple of places in Cork and Dublin that repair ECUā€™s but the Gto Doctor in the UK, from what I see on the forums , is the go to guy for the Gto ECUā€™s with a lot of positive feedback. Iā€™ve no personal experience but he did repair the ecu on my car for the previous owner.
If you are thinking of upgrading or replacing , Rob from Evil Empire has an ECU in the pipeline which will work in our cars and also reduce the emissions to get around smog bans in towns and cities. He explained the details to me but unfortunately went over my head, but you could give him a call if youā€™re thinking of going down that route.
Btw: My car is also red. Thatā€™s a lot of red Gtos in a small Area.:grin::grin:

Hi Enda, yea well I suspect itā€™s the ecu. The car is bucking under acceleration, this gets worse after a few minutes of driving. There was that chattering / clicking noise coming from under the dash and the Speedo needle randomly flicks up and down.

Iā€™ve seen this happen before and changing the ecu rectified it. Itā€™s happening again now. On inspection the board is deteriorating and shows signs of water damage (condensation maybe) from possibly being stored in a cold garage.

So all in all while I canā€™t be sure itā€™s the most logical explanation I can think of as to the issue. I changed all timing gear and adjusted the timing with a light gun, itā€™s spot on.

Other than this the car is in relatively good nick. Itā€™s rust free tg. The 5spd is notchy at times, there is a bit of play in the driveshaft and a slight leak from the transferbox which Iā€™m keeping an eye on. It could do with a respray in order to be all the same color too :sweat_smile:. I have a V6 Sigma here that I will be able to take bits and pieces off as needed but ideally would love a wrecked 91-93 Gto to have for spares, pissed I did t pick one up years ago when they were going for peanuts :man_shrugging:

Anyone know where this ended up? https://youtu.be/MAaTaGTGxR8

It would be nice to know if itā€™s still about, is that a Kerry reg I spotted ? The 3000gtā€™s are a bit more rare and higher spec too. The guy I bought mine from has one but itā€™s still on uk plates.
Enda

Found another one, in Armagh.

(He seems to be advertising an Audi A4 in the same listing.

If that cars running ok it has to be worth a punt for 1500 quid or less.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m considering getting it and throwing in the engine and gearbox of my VR4 (Iā€™m rebuilding the engine at the moment) because the paint on my VR4 is in shocking condition.

Hi Adam, are you considering converting a n/a automatic to a TT manual ?

Yeah, just a thought. Although I donā€™t know how my family would feel about having another car in the driveway :joy: