First wash in four years :)

Yeah , I bought a breaker a couple years back and it’s a bit of an eyesore now , couple of thoughts:
Would the VR4 not be the more desirable car and ultimately worth more.
I don’t doubt you have a lot more mechanical skills than me but it would still be a mammoth task, complete drive train, clutch ,wiring harness, ecu ,suspension, linkages, exaust etc etc
The paint may not be as good on that car as it appears and you may end up spraying it eventually anyway.
Our cars are getting rare now and most of what’s left are good ones at this stage so I’d be hoping the prices will continue to rise and a Tt vr4 with the 4 bolt engine will be at the top of the ladder price wise.
Enda

1 Like

Yeah, you’re probably right Enda. I’m very glad my engine was the 4 bolt with the forged crank, I’ve heard that if you try to grind the 2 bolt cast crank it often snaps. My car is a MK1, yet it has the 4 bolt engine, so should I be looking for a MK2,3,4 oil pump? I can’t seem to find one at a reasonable price, and the ones that are at reasonable prices seem to be from suspicious eBay sellers.

Hi Adam, I’m open to correction on this but I I think the 4 bolt engine was introduced in 1993 while Mk1 cars were still in production. The Mk2 was introduced in 1994. If I’m correct, then you would expect to see the 4 bolt in a mk1.
Give Rob a call with the Vin number and he should be able to advise you.
Enda

1 Like

Thanks Enda, I’ll try that.