Windscreen removal

Any one know the best way to safely remove a windscreen to keep as a spare. I have a doner all stripped and this is one of the last things to do. I have seen kits with a wire saw but has anyone actually done this?

Even a pro can never guarantee removal without breaking. The “easiest” way to remove them is with the assistance of a induction heater

2 Likes

Indeed, no removal technique can be guaranteed as glass has a mind of its own sometimes. The way I have seen a professional do it successfully is a wire kit with the winder but it’s a two man job and I recommend not watching as it’s the most stressful thing I’ve ever seen!

1 Like

As mentioned by stealthee the easiest and best way is the induction heater… We have taken out lots of windshields with one of those and have never yet broken one, but they can still always break for some unknown reason…

But the best way I have found so far is by an induction heater :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will give it a go and see how I get on. Fingers crossed and goggles on.

Amazon delivered a ÂŁ16.99 windscreen removal kit an hour ago and it took less then 30 minutes. Bearing in mind all of the surrounding trim had been removed. the hardest bit was threading the two handles but i only snapped one peace of wire which was the single strand silver wire. the other one is multi strand and lasted the whole screen.

1 Like