Where to buy a stock fuel pump

DIBS on 1 when they arrive :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks Joe, that’s great news. Sign me up :+1:

The stock TT pump is about 180 litres/ hr, the N/A pump is about 120 litres/ hr. If you fit a walbro 255, the FPR is outflowed meaning you lose pressure regulation at low load. The idle fuel pressure rises by about 5 PSI, that makes it run extra rich, the fuel trims compensate for that but then you end up running lean under load. As someone has already said, they’ve done it and it works fine. I’ve done it too. If you don’t monitor the pressure you won’t know, if you don’t monitor the fuel trims you don’t know and if you don’t check sparkplugs after a flat out run you don’t know. It’s not a good idea.

2 Likes

The fuel pumps finally arrived. I can only spare a couple so I’m afraid that I can’t offer them to everyone that asked. They will have to go to patreons first and if there is any left over, I will offer them to regular contributors to the forum.
I am very sorry if I can’t help all that asked but I am trying to get hold of some more and I will update you if I get lucky.

3 Likes

Great stuff! Thank you for sourcing these. Will they be listed in the Joe’s Gems section at a later date or are those interested best contacting via private message? Mine’s still sticking and requires “gentle persuasion” (hammer on the top of the sender assembly) to unstick it :laughing:

They only came in this morning Matt and there isn’t enough for everyone so I won’t bother listing them. Because you are a patron and you already asked for one, there is one put aside for you. I will contact you later by private message or text.

1 Like

Hi guys!

As I swapped the oem fuelpump with a Walbro, I can sell the oem one.
As i’m living in France, shipping cost will may be a bit higher than your usual local.

About my swapped, I did it for few reason:
_I did want to boost a bit the turbo pressure (3000GT VR4 97’)
_Want to run E85 (called “Super-Ethanol” here in France, around half cheaper than unleaded)
_I do know by own experiences Walbro GSS pump are technicaly made the best pump
_for advice: I buy Walbro pump on ebay.uk provider: driven2automotive. the cheapest I found: 65£ …

If you absolutely want a oem pump, contact me by pm to arrange.

cheers