Use of Fuel system cleaner Killed my car :(

Hello all my name is: Alex
I have a: (91 3000GT, VR4, TT)
It has the following issue: (I had a Vibration under load issue before. This site helped me out trying to sort it out but now a new issue has come up. I used a fuel system cleaner and after using it 15 minutes later my card just died. however, during those 15 minutes, my car was running really smooth so it fixed the vibration issue it had before. Now it starts for 5 seconds and then dies. I hear the pump working, and since the car starts I assume it’s not the pump or the filter since it does start. has anything like this happened to anyone?

background info. possible issue. one my tank wasn’t full all the way about 3/4 when I added the additive. on my way to the gas/petrol station, it died as I was traveling about 50MPH just shut off. I tried to start it multiple times with it working for 5-7 seconds and then dying off. )

NO HELP WILL BE GIVEN WITHOUT PROVIDING AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE RELATING TO YOUR ISSUE

Forgot to add. Car was stored for years. I’m the new owner ensuring it runs well. The car has only 24K miles.

Fuel pump relay or the air flow sensor could be your problem

Have you checked inside your ECU? Leaky capacitors can cause all sorts of different running issues

possibly the fuel cleaner has dislodged a lot of crud and moved the original blockage further down the line ?

2 Likes

Check your fuel pressure. Could possibly have some blocked injectors?

Replace the fuel filter, and see if that helps.

Very unlikely some fuel adaptive killed your car. What was it?

You say the car was stored for years. Did you drain the fuel and put in new fuel flushing the system before starting? If not its gummed up from bad/gelled gas.