Turbo Removal/Replacement

Hey Joe,

It’s Mario from the Nassau, Bahamas. Not 100% sure if it fits the criteria but I’ll throw the idea out there. How about a video showing the removal/replacement of the twin turbos. :sweat_smile:

Keep doing what you’re doing.

Kind Regards

Mario :bahamas:

Hi Mario
I had to think about this one. The back turbo is a massive job for the man at home. It is possible but I think it would be too much to do in a video because it involves lowering the exhaust and tilting the engine if you don’t want to do damage.
I would be prepared to enter it as a front turbo removal/rebuild and or replacement. How would that suit you?

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the reply. Yes that would be a suitable option. I do agree that the rear turbo is a handful for the average DIY at home mechanic. I just know that there are NO detailed videos about the rear turbo so I thought it would of been a great idea and asset to the 3S community if there was one done.

Thanks again for the consideration and I totally appreciate all that you have done to date.

Kind Regards

Mario :bahamas:

I will do the video for the rear but not on someone else’s car. It is quite common for bolts to break when removing the rear one and I don’t want to be stuck at someone else’s house with a car stripped down on the drive while we wait for replacement parts. Not to mention the hell of drilling them out with the car on axle stands.

1 Like

I totally understand. I am happy to know that you are considering doing a video about the rear turbo, it is truly needed and would be a great help within the 3S community. :+1:t4: