Throttle Position Sensor Replacement Part

Can someone point me towards a good TPS replacement part?

The only OEM ones I can find are on 3SX and they want $300 plus shipping. Rock Auto has them ranging from $20 to $185, and Auto Zone has them from $50 to $60. I would like one that will work well and last a little while without breaking the bank.

I’m thinking of trying the $60 “Duralast” Auto Zone one just because I wouldn’t have to order it. But I’m afraid it’s not going to work well and I will only be wasting my money.

What would be a good replacement brand? -Thanks.

Since this is just a variable resistance (“potentiometer”), even the cheaper ones should do well. I used one from “blueprint” which is available here in Germany, and it still works, even around the most problematic idle position.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Stefan B.

Ok, I will take a chance at the Duralast one and report back if I have any problems with it.

Thank you so much for the reply.

1 Like

Have you ever tried eBay? I obtain the parts I need from eBay over the years. There is a place cal STM times Inc for gen 1and 2 Mitsubishi.
Craig S

1 Like

I was lucky and got a brand new Mitsubishi one still in packaging off of Ebay for $12.

1 Like

I bought one here in NZ and it was crap. Aftermarket seems to be a bit of hit and miss