Tensioner Pulley for aux belt on Sales page

Hello all my name is Lee, I have a 1998 Mitsubishi GTO SR.

Hi, im looking to replace my top idler pulley and the lower tensioner pulley (aux belt). I was going to buy the one from the shop here, but that part looks like the top pull on my GTO (its listed for the bottom).

The bottom one is a bit different on mine. Am I thinking the one for sale in the shop can be used for the top pulley too?

My bottom pulley has a different centre piece (raised part where the nut goes in).

if anyone can help, that would be much appreciated. thanks

Here’s what I got for the two pulleys on a 98 GTO SR:

Upper pulley: MD318474

Lower/tensioner pulley: MB609656

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Ive ordered the 2 pullies now. There looks like 3 parts to the lower pully though on that image, the bolt and a circular fitment. Hopefully I can reuse that part as the one I ordered just looked like the main pully. Thanks

1 Like

You are absolutely right. Can’t believe I made this error. I will correct it now.

1 Like

I have used this SKF from autodoc for about 2 years now. No problem.

It is actually made in Japan win a koyo part number.

1 Like

That is the idler pulley which has been wrongly labelled. The tensioner is 104mm I believe. I would be shocked if this came from Japan. It may have a koyo bearing inside but I am pretty sure the it was manufactured in China where they use the wrong part number and identification for this part. The quality is ok though. It is also the same size as the one that I sell on my site but mine has the protective coating. If anyone else can show me wrong, please message on this post so everyone knows.

Now I am completely confused. I just checked 4 separate engines and 2 have the 90mm bearing fitted in the tensioner position and 2 have the 104mm fitted in the tensioner position. I am 99% sure that it should be 104mm but if anyone can give 100% proof of which one it should be, could you please share it.

Hi Joe. I got one delivered today. Here are measures. 97mm front and 107mm back.

I just measured the one fitted on my car and the front is 100mm.

The lower tensioner pulley is smaller (and out of production) than the upper idler pulley. A gates 36192 can be used for the lower tensioner pulley but requires the use of a shorter bolt. The oem pulley used a circular cover to protect the bearing but the gates replacement does not need this nor would the cover fit anyway.

Andy

1 Like

If you have, l think its a no brainer. Since one of my cars are in europe l ordered from Autodoc and l myself was surprised that the SKF box said made in Japan and the koyo code was stamped on them. I ordered a second one as a spare which again was made in Japan but with a different koyo number even though the skf no was the same. See pictures.

1 Like

I have a large stock of the smaller pulley. No need to change bolts or modify anything.

What was the part number ? Was it skf or dayco?

I ordered these two (top and bottom pullies) the bottom pully is OEM from Japan (the last one apparently).

1 Like

Dayco APV2561 is the same as your koyo

1 Like