Sudden loss of power

Hello all my name is: Jorge Zuñiga
I have a: ( 3000GT,/ SL)
It has the following issue: hello everyone I was driving my 99 3000gt sl model when I experienced a sudden loss of power and the vehicle wouldn’t drive past 25-30 mph vehicle starts and idles well, another small problem is the vehicle is also running very lean. I haven’t got a clue what can be done.

NO HELP WILL BE GIVEN WITHOUT PROVIDING AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE RELATING TO YOUR ISSUE

You should start with the error codes. Your year will be obd2 so you can easily scan the codes and save many hours of component testing. There are many causes of this fault so start with the easy to check basics like codes.

1 Like

Does it run well cold then suddenly chokes power?

For a 1999, it depends. If it’s for USA / Canada market, OBD2 is supported. If its Euro or Jap, OBD2 is not supported, it uses the MUT protocol only. Cars destined for Sweden / Germany market follow the Euro standard. I believe the UK market follows the Euro standard as well, but not 100% positive.

1 Like

I have 1998 UK car (not grey import) and can confirm that whilst my OBD2 scanner did physically fit into the port and power on, it was unable to communicate with the car