Stock Oil Pressure Gauge Always Reads Zero, No Oil Pressure Indicator

Hello all, my name is Dan
I have a 1993 3000GT VR4
It has the following issue: The stock oil pressure gauge is at zero. It has done this before, and I figured out the connector at the sending unit was disconnected. Reconnecting it in the past had resolved the issue. But not this time.

I’ve replaced the sending unit, the pressure switch and the wiring harness itself (with all three connections). I’ve tested the new harness for connectivity issues, but signal doesn’t seem impaired.

The car drives just fine, aside from the cruise control also not working. The switch near the radio engages, but the steering column switcher doesn’t set the speed as it did before. Not sure if that is a helpful tip.

Could the new sending unit also be faulty? Maybe the gauge is dead? Or maybe I’ve missed a fuse somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Check for a vac leak on the cruise control system near the drivers side strut tower

My pressure gauge has been at zero for years, more than I care to mention. My slide on connector is very loose. Not sure if that is the issue, but like you I changed the pressure gauge and the sending unit. I have the ‘94 Stealth R/T and check the oil on the regular just in case. I am going to try bending the connector contact a bit just to see if it’s not seated good. Please post if you find that it is the dash gauge as I may have to replace mine.