Stevie's GTO HULK

Here’s a pic of The HULK

Stevie

11 Likes

Hi Steve, I must say that is eye catching and a perfect GTO show car. I am trying :cry: :cry: :cry: to make mine a show car too, inside and out and not only cosmetics but all engine internals/externals, suspension, brakes, transmission and exhaust. But keeping it as stock as possible. Love the color combos!!!
Would love to see close up pics of the engine bay.
Would be great is a video showing all the intricate work.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, @BLUETAHOE91VR4

I will link a video showing a walk around.

Meanwhile here is the engine bay.

Steve

5 Likes

Hi Steve, I have tons of questions like most others, but wanted to know the history before it was turned into the Amazing Hulk and the total cost of such a project.
I take it that is all vinyl wrap? :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Buddy,

My car has been metamorphic, various designs and fabricated states.

TBH, everything done to the car has been done by myself, apart from the strengthening for the fabrication of the convertible, that needed to be done professionally, I dont have a garage, so all the work was done on my driveway.

I wish @Joe90 was around with his videos years ago it would have been a tremendous help.
You Tube taught me so much over the years in fabrication, from body work, fibre glassing, body flling, carbon fibre work and welding.

Cost over the years is somewhere around £50,000.

Here’s a cpl of pics of various designs before it took the title of the Hulk.

FB_IMG_1666958802740
FB_IMG_1666958789001
FB_IMG_1666958819942
FB_IMG_1666958777811

Steve

3 Likes

Aha the Green Hulk… I have seen her before! Done to a high level and a lot of consideration has gone into every part.

Curious as to where you got the liveries and decals done at?

Amazing! that is all that comes to mind: as for my little story, dont know how I landed up with this project beginning 2017, but it happened and has added years to my current age of 56. I first saw this GTO back in 92 could not tell then what trim it was but a brand new one my uncle bought. also went for a drive as I recall it was amazing, never thought that after 30 years I would land up with one, sure brings back memories wish my uncle was still around. I picked her up back in 2015 sable black, 92 TT with 75K and in almost mint factory condition single owner that passed on and it was a Estate Sale. Paid a mere $1500 but it had some engine and 5 speed tranny issues. Tore it down beginning summer of 2018 to bare block and heads, and started from there. Apart from getting the block and heads machined, I have done everything ( no garage but out in the driveway too :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:) including a 3 stage port and polish job on the exhaust and intake runners and other stuff to remove casting irregularities on the heads, block and exhaust. This is what you expect from fast production vehicles, many irregularities and design flaws. My goal is to unlock her full potential still using the factory settings on air/fuel trims. Not going to slap big turbos or injectors yet!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:. My ultimate goal is to produce a significant amount of performance and HP that surpasses what was rated by the engineers.
BTW I like the white version with the big GTO decal on the hood, I am also going all white paint job with some very noticeable decals on the sides. And there is a lot of white to see when you poop open the hood and look under the car. Not using your common rattle can acrylic or enamel paint nor powder coating or anodizing this is all thin-film spray on ceramics.
Cheers
SAMI

1 Like

I create my own livery Joe

Steve

1 Like

What type of paint finish is the deeper shade of green on exterior?

Would love to see some videos of the timeline for it.

1 Like

The green paint was supposed to be Kawasaki green, but feel it turned out slightly different.

Steve

Do you have any video links or a channel with you doing livery work and your process?

1 Like

Got pics of me wrapping the car but no livery video’s
Creating, designing and application of graphics was my business before I retired

Steve

1 Like

Here is a video of some major work on the Hulk.

Steve

5 Likes