Spun con rod bearing

Hello all my name is: pete
I have a: (GTO, 3000GT, STEALTH / SL, MR, VR4, TT)
It has the following issue: (be sure to describe it as best as you can. Remember to also tell us what you have tried so far) gto twin turbo
Had a problem with alternator so high revs to get her home. Unfortunately I now have a knock. Changed the shells but that didn’t help. I’m into unknown if 2nd hand engine or rebuild. I can’t do this. Any advice or contacts. Live near Nottingham. Thanks
NO HELP WILL BE GIVEN WITHOUT PROVIDING AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE RELATING TO YOUR ISSUE

1 Like

Hello Pete
Welcome to the forum.
It is always difficult to help with these sort of problems. Lots of people will be happy to throw a whole load of ideas to you but without seeing the car, you could just be throwing vast sums of money into an endless pit with nothing to show at the end. The problem may be very simple but if you are not very knowledgeable with these cars it could end up being difficult. There are lots of so called good second hand engines out there but I have yet to see one. I have fitted a few for people who believed they were sold a good engine and they turned out to be worse than the one we took out. It is a pity that you didn’t post this message a few days ago because I was in your town picking up parts. I don’t think you will gain anything from a rebuild that couldn’t be solved without all that work. I would strongly recommend that you just find someone local who really knows these cars well to have a look for you rather than blow a fortune or take blind advice. If you think the car will make the drive, I am only 1 1/2 hours away.

2 Likes