Rear sway bar bushings

Hey guys
I just noticed that my rear sway bar bushings have seen better days, but after I fiddled under the car a while I came to the conclusion that those are a proper nightmare to change, or does any of you have some handy tips on how to get to them??? There simply is zero, nada, NO ROOM there

You can unbolt and drop the subframe few inches, will be enough room to undo the sway bar bolts.
Picture for referencerear subframe

4 Likes

You got to drop the subframe…

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: AARRRGGHHHHH!!! Seriously!!!
Have to drop the friggin subframe??

1 Like

Hey guys
Could any of you please tell me what the diameter is on the rear sway bar bushings for my 1991 GTO VR4 (it should be the stock ones)
I cant seem to find any information on how big the diameter should be…

Hello, on my stock 1992 VR4 they’re 22mm.

1 Like

Thank you very very much :raising_hand_man:t2:

Hey guys, first post here, but I love this forum… I have found so much in the short time I have been here! Anyway, I have a 94 na Auto. I did of course want a 6 speed manual but everything I saw was rotten and I hate rust… I paid over the odds for my car for sure but its low mileage 77k kms and super clean underneath and inside and I brought it myself in Japan so its fresh over here in blighty. Anyway, I am fixing the niggles now and there is the annoying squeaking at the back, reading online I thought that it must be the rear bushes but when I had my cambelt done last month I asked my mechanic to have a look and check the bushes and he thinks they are fine… Any other potential causes or shoudl I just change the bushes and pray?

Hi, TokyoRich

A good mechanic will be able to figure out where the squeak/sound is coming from, either by using electrical microphone system or by other means.
No need to start replacing parts at random.

Thanks for the advice, I will keep checking and figure it out… !