Rear strut / Shock absorber

Hey Guys, Would anyone know what the part number MB### might be ?? for Rear strut on a 1993 GTO / Z16A, AWD.
There is a pin hole in one of mine and the fluid is leaking out, I need to replace both really so the search begins. Thanks

Hi

the item you require is Mitsubishi part number MB631739, I have looked everywhere I could think of and could not find a aftermarket equivalent, the OE is available through Amayama I have attached a link

To pricey for me as I am on a limited budget

Hope that helps

Best Regards

1 Like

Thanks Brillo, much appreciated, i’ll have a look at those,

You are more than welcome, If you do start researching aftermarket items, do not be fooled by posts on other forums that say the KYB 341185 is a direct fit, it most defiantly does not.

Also although it looks similar the KYB 341183 is too short and also does not fit

Best Regards

Marc

1 Like

Fantastic information Brillo, this is the benefits of being a member of a forum. There’s no way I would have known that and no doubt would have made a costly mistake.
Cheers mate

No problem, I would much prefer that nobody else made the same mistakes I did. its irritating when people insist that parts fit when they are only working on hearsay, in the case of the KYB 341183 the supplier argued black was white that they were correct. with the KYB 341185 I imported them from the states so it was uneconomic to return them, so they are now a doorstop and constant reminder of how gullible I am

Best regards

Marc

1 Like

You should find out which model they Do fit and put them up for sale. I’m sure they’d be useful to someone and you could recoup some of the cost. Thanks again

The brand new ones I have are the KYB 341185 and are only suitable for 4WD cars with ECS as they use all the top mount hardware from the ECS shock absorbers. but are only compatible if you wish to do away with your ECS and just have fixed damping.

As virtually all the members of this forum are restoring their cars to Factory specification and with all the threads trying clarify the correct way to rebuild the worn OE ECS shocks, I don’t think there is much of a market for my “Stock” and to be honest if I can not get my money back they may as well serve as a reminder of how important research is before purchasing parts for ageing Japanese sports cars

Best Regards

Marc

2 Likes

Koni 8240-1126-1200, they are for Honda NSX, my JDM came with them, they are adj damping, Bilstein do struts as well for these cars.

Hi Kiwia, That’s interesting, I will definitely look those up, Thanks

Just had Koni rebuild the rears and do some matching inserts for the front. With a bit of luck given all the other things i’m doing doing on it, i’m hoping to have her back on the road for xmas.

1 Like

Has anyone looked at the Bilstein rear shocks?
They list the ecs and non ecs varaints separately.
The part number listed for non ecs rear is 24-017435
Marty