Question about replacement radios

Hi all:
I’m Terry and my car is a 1992 Stealth RT TT. I want to replace my factory (non-working) radio with a modern touch screen unit (double Din) but I would also like to retain the steering wheel controls. So far I haven’t had any luck finding a unit or adapter that will let me do that. Has anyone out there been able to keep the steering wheel controls with a new installation? If so, what did you do and what units worked for you. Thanks for any help.

I read about someone doing this with a interface kit that you can buy but I can’t remember if they were on this forum or the gtouk forum. It may be worth using key words in the search bar to see what comes up.

Try Crutchfield. They do the radios and used to have the interface kit

I talked extensively with Crutchfield and they don’t have an interface or adapter that works with the Stealth. The Pac company has several interfaces but I don’t know which one, if any, work for the Stealth. They are my next phone call. Thanks for the reply.

In 2017 I replaced my factory stereo/cassette/CD with a Alpine ILX-107 CarPlay Touchscreen and used the PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Interface to modify my 3000GT Spyder VR4 steering wheel buttons to interface with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HKBY8G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thanks for the reply. That is the type of information I was looking for. Do you know if the PAC unit was specific for the Alpine or works for other brand touchscreens?

Actually skip the last question, I just looked it up and it answered itself. Thanks again for the information.