Power window problem

Hello everybody!

I am Oscar, with a 3000GT VR4 1993 USA

I have problems with my passenger power window, again. The window stopped working from one day to another. Only two times I make it worked but if I leave the button and press again, stop working again. The driver and passenger button don’t work (and window lock button is not pressed). With the engine stopped I can hear a very low ‘click’ sound every time I push the window button, if I touch the regulator motor I feel something inside is acting. I checked the wire and I have 12 volts/-12 volts depending the button pressed, of course. With the engine working I can hear a low high frecuency noise, when I press the button, maybe more amps are in the wire, don’t know. I checked if the window is stuck but all seems to be ok, the rails have grease, the water strips seems to make no to much friction (I add silicone oil some time ago). The regulator module is new…
I checked the jam harness of the door to body and I can’t seen anything wrong… I think if I have the 12 volts in the motor, it should work… maybe current (amps) problem? or motor not working well?
Thank you!

Hi Zanac, I’ve not worked on the regulators in these cars but I’d be leaning towards the motor if its getting 12v and nothing is happening. Check see if you’re getting a good ground connection or if there’s something seized or strained in the regulator.
I’m not sure if these motors are easily removed so you could check on the bench.
Enda

1 Like

Thank you Enda,

It is not very difficult to remove the regulator module, I will do it and check how it works if the window glass is not attached and the motor don’t have load.

1 Like

Similar problem after I fitted new weather strips on passenger door . Stripped and cleaned switch (gently with flat blade small screw driver) which didn’t cure it. The only other adjustment I did was altering rear guide that "pulls in " window glass at top to go under clip and once I reset that the window works every time, so obviously a bit too tight when I originally did it. Only started when we got really hot weather . If motor clicks and gets hot must be window jam of some description?

Hi @Greena28 , are you saying you had a problem and resolved it or the problem you resolved has reoccurred?

Had problem . Cleaned switch terminals (still had problem). Loosened and repositioned window tilt screw/guide( cured problem).

1 Like