Polyurathane suspension bushings

Has anyone used poly bushings? As in front control arm bushings? Engine mounts? and wherever?

I know im gonna bring up this person again but I know huracan ian used just normal rubber bushing for the engine mounts to prevent the engine from vibrating and used poly bushings on all the suspension parts.

Hi considering i have absolutely no experience and opinions on poly bushings, I wanted to know what is the opinions of those on this forum that have changed out the factory rubber ones for poly such as engine mounts and control arms? and have they noticed any changes in ride comfort and engine vibrations.

What is the preference with Polyurethane? I used to work with plastic injection mouldings. I know Poly-U is less flexible although much more durable than rubber/Silicone.

Yes and so my question was if you have actually installed this on your GTO and that is if you own one, what was a ride comfort as in going over a speed bump or a pot hole on the road?
I do not have a preference with poly bushing considering I do not know from hands on experience what is it like to have poly bushings on a GTO or any other vehicle. I was just contemplating on getting poly bushings installed on the front control arms and would like some hands on feedback before I pick into my wallet. :rofl:

1 Like

My thoughts have always been the same.
If it works, why change it?
Never used them myself because I have always been happy with original parts.

3 Likes

Unfortunately some of the existing 30 yr old bushings on the front control arms are really not in the best condition and I dont think they will go for another 30 yrs, therefore needs to be replaced, however, having difficulty finding oem rubber bushings at this time I went ahead and purchased the entire poly bushing kit from Pro suspension .com and now it is at a shop getting them installed since I do not have a heavy duty hydraulic press, will post a few pics of what it looks like. Yes I agree with you 100% on oem parts for our classic GTO’s but then again it is a question of availability and price.