Oil pump recommendations

Hi guys,
I am reassembling the engine of my ‘92 GTO VR4. I have found evidence that the engine in this car is from a 1993 onward car, because:
-It has the later model oil pump
-It has the four bolt engine
-It has the forged crank shaft

I need an oil pump because the clearances on the current one are outside the limits listed in the manuals, and the relief valve was severely scored and seized. I am looking online for a new pump, and have come across huge price differences. Evil Empire Performance charges 360 pounds for an oil pump, but I have found ones on eBay for 70 dollars. (New, and the same model as far as I can tell)

Can someone give me some advice?

Try a search online for the exact part number or try here … I haven’t check the prices yet bt is a good resource
amayama trading

1 Like

I ran into a similar problem with a transmission of a 93 SL model. Between 92 and 94, they basically used surplus parts for these cars to save money. In other words, you can have a 92 car with 93 parts, or a 93 with 91-92 parts and so on. Best way to be sure what parts you need is to check the vin number

1 Like

Have you tried Mitsubishi themselves? If no luck there I’d go to a reputable motor factors and get a blue print part or similar quality.

1 Like

Yeah, I will try a motor factors near me and see if they can order one. @Spursman

Yes, will do that, thanks!

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

I need one and am going through Mitsubishi in NZ. I dont trust using a cheap one off eBay. Not cheap though even with a good deal

1 Like

I’ve just fitted this one from eBay USA.
First impressions it seems good quality.

I’ve not finished building the engine yet so can not yet comment on its pressure.

Febi bilstein do one so quality should be good enough?