Oil Pan / Sump Removal

Hi Guys, This weekend I will be taking my Oil pan off to attempt to gently knock out the dent that the previous owner must have used as a jacking point :rage:

My question is - In the manual it says I need to used a special tool as per photo to remove the pan. I have already removed everything around the pan including starter motor. But do I really need this tool ?
Or is there an alternative. I’m cautiously aware that the lip on these can be damaged quite easily.
If any of you guys have done this, could you advise please ?

Oil Pan Removal Tool

1 Like

It’s really just to break the seal formed when using sealant- any generic oil pan tool will do the job:

1 Like

Great stuff cheers mate,

In the equine world there is a tool called a ‘buffer’. It is used to raise horse shoe nails so that the shoe can be removed from the hoof. I still have mine and it’s the best tool out there in my opinion. It is designed to be hit from the top and it slides in easily to break the seal. Should be able to purchase online.

Thanks AngelaS, I have purchased one of the separators above suggested by 3KGT, but it’s taking an age to get here for some reason. Hopefully that will do the job. :+1:

1 Like

Looks like you need to go really easy on that sump. Think they are pretty thin material.

Yeah, When I get it off I think i’ll be pushing gently rather than hammering or tapping it out :grimacing: