Oil Pan Repair/replacement

Hello all my name is Lee. I have a 1998 GTO SR.

I have just had my MOT and it’s failed on a couple of things but the big one is I have a slight leak in the oil pan/sump due to some corrosion. This part is discontinued now so I can’t get a new one from Japan.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem please?

thanks in advance!

They can be welded but will need to be acid dipped etc before any welding work is done.

1 Like

Cheers for the reply. I may be able to get a 2nd hand one that i can use to send off for repair. That way i can do a straight swap for the old one. just need to find a place that repairs them now. cheers

I was able to purchase a new oil pan (MD156248) for my '93 3000GT DOHC NA with manual transmission about 8 months ago. I purchased it from Cherry Hill Mitsubishi, 1805 W. Marlton Pike, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002.

2 Likes

I need some new rear brake dust covers for my 98 TT. I have tried all of the big US Mitsubishi dealers like these and none of them will ship to the UK unfortunately.

have you tried Mega zip? looks like they may have them in stock but they are quite expensive. Rear wheel brake for 1994 - 2000 Mitsubishi GTO Z15A | Japan sales region, , 7932551-628733

Ive never ordered from there before, but that would be £240 for one after import tax which is a bit steep unfortunately.
I assume the sump turned up ok.

1 Like

Yes it arrived on time and in great condition thanks. Some of the parts on there can be expensive with everything added on, also the delivery from Japan. I’ve ordered a few things over the last year from there and they do arrive quicker than expected.

I can get the rear shields remade using good cores, they work out from £200-240 a pair depending on if you want them zinc plated, Powdercoated or both, or if you just want to primer and paint yourself.

I have some usable cores in right now, but would expect your old cores in return to continue this process for others.

It’s not a small job to change these rear shields as you need to fully strip down all the rear hub and handbrake mechanism and press/pull/draw out the rear axles.

Andy

Cheers Andy, ive seen your post on these and would take them now but i have instigated a request from a friend who has family in the states to see if they would order them for me. I should find out the weekend. I will be overhauling the backend later in the summer so wont get mine off till then. Im just gathering parts now if that would work for you?

hello! do you have them ? Like new ?