New ECU or Diagnostics 1994 VR4

Hello all my name is Keith from Canada!

I have a 1994 3000GT VR4 and feel I have an issue with my ECU and wanting to see if anyone knows where to get a new one or to have mine diagnosed?

Any help would be appreciated!

Keith

I know a guy on facebook who does all the ecu’s on these cars. Ive heard the wait time is a little long right now but I could send you his fb link to msg him.

Instead of assuming its an ECU issue why not post what the car is doing so we can do some actual diagnostics so you don’t waste time or money on a repair you may not need?

EDITED: I see your other post is ongoing, I personally don’t think ECU is your issue.

That would be great but I’m not a facebook guy. Does he have an email account or website I could reply to?

Much appreciated.

Keith

What do you think it could be?

One thing that made me really think it is an ECU issue is if I drive it for 8 to 10 minutes the idle will set at around 1000 RPM and then it will drive great…until you turn it off and then it starts over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith

He said he is very backed up though currently.

Thanks!

I will try to contact him tomorrow.

Keith

Hi All:

I never was able to contact 3S Hub but found another company (SIA Electronics) that posted they did Mitsubishi ECU Repairs for $140.

I sent my ECU (MD192588) to them and within 4 days they called me and said they found 2 Capacitors damaged, 3 Open Traces & Acid damage. They replaced the 2 Capacitors, fixed the 3 |Traces and the Acid damage and returned my ECU (freight included) for $190 USD.

I received the ECU which was now taped up and stated "Rebuilt by SIA Electronics 730 N. Minnie, Tilden, IL 62292 (618-587-3308), plugged it in, put key in to Alt, let diagnostics go through and then turned her on and ran for 10 minutes.

I then went for a drive and ALL of my ISSUES (Hesitation, bogging down, etc.) were GONE. I have been driving it for 2 weeks and it is running better then ever!!!

2+ years with this frustrating problem and it was the ECU!!!

SIA Electronics are great and if your unit is more then 15+ years and you have any diagnostic issued, it is well worth the money as it turns out that these ECU’s all break down and it is just a matter of time time.

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know my 1994 VR4 (Caracus Red) is back on the road and both of us are happier then EVER!!

Keith
Canada

1 Like