My very first car

I Bought my 1992 Stealth R/T TT, AWS, AWD in 1997 at 17 and had it ever since. Never saw winter barely seen rain and always kept it clean.

13 Likes

That looks fantastic. I would love to get hold of a stealth for my collection. You have one of the best ones I have seen in recent years. Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

I love that shade of blue!

3 Likes

Real nice ride you have. So glad to see you are taking care of these great cars .

3 Likes

Thankyou Joe. Can’t wait to see your upcoming restoration videos. They are very interesting.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Love to see how well some of you are looking after your cars.

2 Likes

I bought my 92 GTO tt as my first car last Fall, but I’m still waiting for the Covid to blow over so I can take my road test :confused:

2 Likes

Bugger the virus. I would be out on that road test right away. :rofl:
That’s like saying no to a pretty girl when you are single. Who cares if shes crazy or contagious, I would take the risk just to put a smile on my face and if I end up in hospital or worse, at least I will die with a smile on my face. Don’t think you can catch or pass on the virus from inside the car anyway and if the police don’t like it, they have to catch you first and if they do catch you, just start coughing and say you are on your way to hospital. I am sure they will give you a wide birth.
Other than that. Stay safe.

6 Likes

Awesome! :+1: Take care of that car and it will take car of you. Good Luck on your Roads Test. Hope you pass on your first go.

2 Likes

maybe with this virus issue we end up like Mad Max and we have to start putting nails in the body of our Mitsubishi and spit gasoline to the intercooler of the hood. post apocalyptic style :laughing:

3 Likes

Just seen this post and I have to say that is a very pretty car and looks in excellent condition you should be congratulated.

Best Regards

1 Like

What was supposed to be a simple LED fog light upgrade turned into something bigger. After removing all of the plastic shielding, I noticed the undercoat was chipping and the original paint was still intact.

My OCD kicked in! Decided to restore and clean the 28 years of muck despite my efforts of keeping it clean.

Finally Got it on the lift for primer. “Prep is the worst part”.

A 2K Primer by Spray Max was used.

2 Likes

Took a long time but worth it. The paint I used is Dupli-color Bahama Blue. It looks very close to match. I’m thinking that the colour on my car is Bahama Blue. 4 coats was applied with 10 minutes between coats. Finally 3 coats of Spray Max 2K clear was applied 15-20 minutes after colour was applied. Remember to keep the paint wet. Light coats but not to light so the paint dries before it reaches the surface.

1 Like

Nice clean job there :+1:

1 Like

Finally done the resto on the struts. Had to send them out for sand blasting. They where pretty bad. At least I did one.

Same deal. 2K Primer by Spray Max. Automotive paint for colour. "Cement Grey, Pearl Red and Anodize Red by Dupli-color. Protected by a 2K Clear coat by Spray Max. 3 coats.