Hey, my name is Shane from Ireland and I a 1991 twin turbo.
I am currently in the middle of a full rebuild and looking for any suggestions/advice on anything I may have forgotten about. I’ll list all the current parts I have purchased/refurbished but want to make sure I haven’t missed anything that would be easy to do now.
Currently the engine is out and has had a full rebuild. The mechanic is about 3-4 weeks away from installing it back into the car.
- Both turbos refurbished
- Upgraded to a 4 bolt block
- 3rd gen lifters
- Injectors inspected and cleaned with new seals
- New HT leads
- Starter & alternator refurbished
- New thermostat
- New clutch
- Gearbox refurbished
- Brakes refurbished
- New radiator & fan
- New radiator hoses
- New side mounted intercoolers
- Underbody painted & sealed
- New battery
- New fuel filter
- New alternator & power steering belts
- New air filter
- New carrier bearings
Still to do
- Refurbish transfer case and rear diff (bought seals and bearings)
- Fit new Braided brakes hoses bought
- Fit new Link ECU
- Fit rear ball joints
- Fit front ball joints
- Fit front tie rod ends
- Fit front sway bar links
- Fit brass shifter cable bushings
Just to note, I bought the car as a project last year. It was sitting up for a few years after a spun bearing.
Please feel free to let me know any suggestions or advice you have.
Thanks for reading.