Looking for suggestions during rebuild

Hey, my name is Shane from Ireland and I a 1991 twin turbo.

I am currently in the middle of a full rebuild and looking for any suggestions/advice on anything I may have forgotten about. I’ll list all the current parts I have purchased/refurbished but want to make sure I haven’t missed anything that would be easy to do now.

Currently the engine is out and has had a full rebuild. The mechanic is about 3-4 weeks away from installing it back into the car.

• Both turbos refurbished
  • Upgraded to a 4 bolt block
  • 3rd gen lifters
  • Injectors inspected and cleaned with new seals
  • New HT leads
  • Starter & alternator refurbished
  • New thermostat
  • New clutch
  • Gearbox refurbished
  • Brakes refurbished
  • New radiator & fan
  • New radiator hoses
  • New side mounted intercoolers
  • Underbody painted & sealed
  • New battery
  • New fuel filter
  • New alternator & power steering belts
  • New air filter
  • New carrier bearings

Still to do

• Refurbish transfer case and rear diff (bought seals and bearings)
  • Fit new Braided brakes hoses bought
  • Fit new Link ECU
  • Fit rear ball joints
  • Fit front ball joints
  • Fit front tie rod ends
  • Fit front sway bar links
  • Fit brass shifter cable bushings

Just to note, I bought the car as a project last year. It was sitting up for a few years after a spun bearing.

Please feel free to let me know any suggestions or advice you have.

Thanks for reading.

The biggest challenge you may have is if you have to replace your struts and shocks and wish to stay with OEM. Nearly impossible to find front struts, and you might get lucky in getting the rear shocks. I would’ve recommended putting in a 200 to 300 amp alternator. Stock alternators Put out approximately 120 amps when driving And 60 when idling. They are designed for wiring in a brand new car. when it’s 30 years old It needs a little bit more juice to push through the wires. The CV axles Usually go out between 90-100,000 miles. And a lot Earlier, if the cars been driven hard. Other than that it’s a blast to drive. Good luck

Forgot to mention all those leaking capacitors that are in the various control modules.