Km odometer measures miles

Hi

I have a odometer that says “km” but will register miles. Every 10 kilometers I drive the odometer and tripmeter will register 6.25 kilometers.

The speedometer measures km/h up to 280 km/h and is accurate.

What is causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Someone has a KMH cluster in a MPH car. Just changing the cluster won’t make it magically measure KMH.

Hi

You have not said what country you are in, and have not mentioned if the cluster in the car is a replacement or the cluster that the car left the factory with.

The JDM clusters are set up with the speedometer and odometer in Kilometers, the UK clusters are set up with both in MPH.

The JDM clusters can be modified for the speedometer to read in MPH and the odometer to read in Miles. it is possible to change both or either by modifying the PCB on the back of the speedometer unit.

It is possible that your current cluster has been modified to suit the use of a particular owner.

My car is a JDM Japanese grey import to the UK and I have modified my cluster so the speedometer reads in MPH but I left the Odometer reading in Kilometers so that the vehicles total mileage would be accurate from manufacture.

So it would be possible to modify a cluster to read as yours does.

1 Like