How do I replace the high pressure line/power steering pump?

Hello all, ive got a 91’ 3000GT SL

I’m trying to replace the power steering pump and high-pressure line as they are heavily leaking. I’ve figured out how to get the pump out despite there not being a ton of information on it. But I’m trying to figure out a few things. First, there’s an electrical connector to the top of the pump that I cant get a good look at. Do I unplug this after the pump is unbolted? Additionally, I saw that the high-pressure line runs from the pump to the other side of the engine bay where it connects to the steering rack. How do I take out/put in the line? Can I go in through the bottom or is there something else I need to do? If anybody could let me know how to do that,or just overall has photos or any references for how to get everything out that would be great.

remove both belts and crank pulley, this is mandatory if you want to remove the power steering pump with engine installed in car.

The connector is just a push-on connector, quite easy to remove once you get a grip of it, push it aside so you won’t damage it. (the cap is brittle and have a small plastic cover on it, atleast mine did).

i removed the HP line first since that was the most PITA to remove, sits with a 17mm if i’m not mistaken, was awhile since i removed it. Mind the 2 o-rings sitting around the banjo connector can hold it in place quite good, i had to pry alittle with a small flat screwdriver to loosen it.

There’s also a small,… not sure what to call it, dent? in the banjo connector so you can’t wiggle it around that much! just push it straight off.

To remove the complete hardline most people recommend dropping the steering rack.
I havn’t investigated in this myself since mine didn’t need replacement.

Good luck! it’s a PITA job to do!

Thanks, this helps a lot. Although I’m
Not trying to remove the hardline entirely, I’m just trying to disconnect the HP line from the hardline so I can replace the HP line. I’ve got a photo from someone who has their engine out of the car. I’m just unsure if I’m supposed to get the line from under the car? As well as if I have to do anything with the bracket holding the line as seen in the photo.

Interresting! Never thought about where that line had its end. I’m gonna check it out tomorrow and see how it looks like, Reaching it from under seems quite… narrow!
Gotta be from the top, probably remove intake and maybe back manifold to have a good reach to it.

It looks like it’s a swivel connector but hard to tell. I’ll investigate it when i have chance

Yeah it did seem narrow to get to from the bottom, but it’s right in the middle of the engine bay so I wasn’t sure how you would get to it from the top either. Since I have an N/A it might be easier though since I don’t need to worry about turbo piping.