HK mushroom filters

Hi all,

BlueTT getting there on ebay finishes this Friday if you want project TT.

The red auto has a filter as per heading and the foamy bit had solidified and disintergrated so I bought a couple of 3 layer foam inserts off the net. I put them in yesterday and car started perfectly but when when I pulled away it cut out. Pulled one side of foam and it works perfectly. Could the MAFF box be clogged /can you clean airways? Are the new inserts crap?
Any help appreciated dont want to mess up Red!

NO HELP WILL BE GIVEN WITHOUT PROVIDING AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE RELATING TO YOUR ISSUE

I was looking into these hks filters and read up a lot about them and people have told me not to get them these need maintenance very often with what I’ve read up as they fall apart and get sucked into the intake but if it’s well maintained then I doubt it would be much of an issue I would imagine some of the particles if the foam filter have probably got into the maf and got dirty I’m no expert but I did some research when looking into the foam filters a lot

1 Like

Thanks for that . The foam on both sides had solidified and broken up so in essence there wasn’t a filter.
Will have another look after blue finishes on ebay and is collected this weekend.
Anyone taken MAFF apart?

I’ve run them filters and had no problems whatsoever. You can get replacement sponges from Evil Empire.

Hot soldering iron through about 10 holes on each side has done the trick.