Good day from Arizona

This is my first time here and I’m so excited to find website dedicated to 3000GTs. My 94 base model was in an accident and I want to restore my baby. It looks like I’ve come to the right place. I was wondering how I was ever going to replace my front and rear bumpers. Now, I know exactly how they come off. Great videos and instructions. Can’t wait for the new detailed installation instructions. Please keep up the outstanding work you do!

2 Likes

Hi Bob
Welcome to the forum. I hope you will get the answers to all of your problems here.

Thanks Joe.
I look forward to learning from you and those that traverse this site. Perhaps I too, can impart some of my experiences to others here as well.

Kind regards,
Bob

94 3000GT base model

I’m glad you’re here I am in your same area of feeling. I to own a 94 base and after in storage for many years I’ve brought her back to life and she rides great. Although I want to experience the turbo I am having fun with mine. We bought it for my wife in 2001 and she was a light driver so it is still in great shape. Post some pictures when you’re bumpers are done.

2 Likes

We bought ous way back in 1994 brand spanking new right off the showroom floor, as they say. Whoever “they” are. Anyway, I have begun disassembly of the bumpers and exhaust.

4 Likes

A car for those who own is like a member of the family

1 Like

Yeppers, unfortunately, insurance companies don’t take sentimental value into account when estimating damage value.

In my opinion, if the other party is at fault, they owe me a vehicle the same as I originally had. I should not have to search for a replacement based upon what they feel is a proper reembursment for what I had. Then I have to run around getting it home and registering it. The replacement will never be the same as what I had. Nor will it be in the same condition. To me, it seems that I am being penalized for being in an accident, especially when the other party has minimum insurance by law. Additionally, the party at fault hit my car and drove it into a truck in front of me. So now, the insurance company splits the payout. There is something very wrong with this.

1 Like

Is best to get agreed value insurance !

I have special historic insurance that is suppose to cover these kind of things. Yeah, whatever. No luck there. Anyway, I shouldn’t have to do that because I wasn’t at fault at all. Why should my insurance have to pay? That is so unfair. Insurance coverage I purchase is if I am at fault.

Agree, they are all a bunch of money grabbers.