Gear linkage bushing

When I had all the work done on blue TT everything was done from transfer box back and intercooler pipes readjusted to let me go into reverse fully. 6 speed gearbox was fine, but I remember there was a bush replacement kit for bottom of gear stick rods that made selection more distinct. Have just raised the pipework again as it was pushing it out of reverse , but 2nd is now down and slightly off to left not straight down. Rest are fine.
Had a quick look and plastic inserts are still there but not sure how much they are supposed to move.
Can anyone remember an upgrade and who had it?

Hi, evil empire sell them but sounds to me itll take more than that to solve the problem.

Yes it was Rob . Price £34 delivered so hopefully it will improve if not cure . The auto box on the other was £1500 refurbished so not a lover of gearbox problems.

I will be covering auto gearbox rebuild later in the series. You can do it yourself for around £200

1 Like

2 years too late to save money. Plus the new ring gear supplied turned out to be Mitsubishi Galant one and took another strip down to sort out why starting motors wouldn’t engage properly. Originally lost everything but 3rd and tried new ecu/power flushing and new filter then MItsubishi Main dealer (That is a last resort with these financially) and they said solenoids shot.
The local Bristol auto gearbox lot would not look at it, so tip toed up to JT autos in Erith who did excellent job but were let down by the guys that refurbed the torque converter and it’s ring gear.

I have a clutch for the auto box if you need one for your video rebuild.