Gas Tank install

92 Dodge Stealth
So after waiting for over a month to get my gas tank back from being restored and coated, it is now time to put it back in the car.
The issue I need help with is it was incredibly hard to reach and remove the hoses to get them off the top of the tank.
Does anyone know the proper way or procedure to reattach them when installing the tank back in the car?

Attach the hoses to the tank first and then connect the free ends once the tank is in.

1 Like

When i took off the lines I had the tank lowered as far as I could with the lines attached but still then it was extremely hard to get my hand in between the tank and the top of the cars frame to get off the lines. I believe a couple of the hoses extend to the front of the car. The only way I am thinking of mounting it is to have the back of the tank up against the top of frame and try to attach the hoses that way then to jack the front of the tank up to match the back with the hoses on ?

Maybe you have misunderstood…
Hoses (stock) mostly have some fittings where they attach to (somewhere close to the rear wheel) where the hose or a line continues to the front…
Unscrew from there and install everything onto the gas tank then install gas tank and connect the hoses underneath.
Hope this helps

Ah, just remove some of the fittings, to give more reach to the hoses :wink: Gotcha !