Fuel Pump replacement

I apologize if this has already been requested somewhere or does not fall well enough within the competition parameters. But this is something I would love to see how its done! Super useful for all of us still running the original pump.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hi Tylo
I don’t think anyone has requested this yet and to be honest, I am quite surprised. There is probably a good video somewhere online but I haven’t found it yet.
The video does meet the requirements but you haven’t completed your profile yet so I don’t know which country you are in. If you could put up your flag and you are in a qualifying country, you will be in the competition. Thanks for your entry.
Regards
Joe

1 Like

@joe90 me too I’d like to see a video of it too , alot of times on YouTube there is just spam and bloat videos that that don’t really give us a good details, as for me it’s hard to learn when reading it but videos help me so much better

1 Like

I recently replaced my fuel pump, replaced it with an AEM highflow pump.

I did it the unconventional way, as I did not have room to drop the tank.

Basically I very carefully cut the brass pipe in the boot, took out the pump housing, replaced the pump, put the housing back and made a double flare joint and a coupler to connect it back up.

If you are interested I could post it on here. I took some photos while doing it.

3 Likes

Please feel free to post anything that you feel will benefit others.
I am concerned about the modification of a fuel line. This could be deemed an insurance problem as the high pressure line may not be tested to the same pressure and may fail.
A video will be released shortly that shows how to do the job without cutting any metal lines or dropping the tank.

4 Likes

Um, you don’t have to drop the tank when replacing fuel pump :flushed:

If you want to do a proper job you do. You will never get the nut off that connects the fuel line to the pump from inside the boot without ruining/ snapping the head.