ECS Strut Simple Fix

Hi all
I had the flashing sport/tour lights for a while and so had the previous owner. Anyway, after checking all I could and changing a few things, I tried a known working shock by simply connecting the strut tops from each corner to the shock, and when I finally checked the back rear passenger one, the lights stopped flashing. So I reconnected the strut top connector back to the stuck shock and disconnected the actual connector from the loom next to it. Using the diagram below, I connected a 12v power pack to the Black (ground) and White (motor) pins at the end of the flexible connector and listned for the actuator in the strut to operate. It was audible and sounded bit jumpy at fist but after leaving it connected for 15 seconds, I reversed the cables to turn the motor back the other way for 15 seconds. after doing this a few times it had freed itself up and now work as it should.

Picture1

5 Likes

Haven’t got a working (definitely) top but its in for MOT soon so will get sparks to try this . Had flashing since I bought it in 2017 but ride is good so never worried. But would be good to get it sorted and can sell the adjustables I bought couple of years ago.

2 Likes

Hi guys, i tried it and it worked fine. Now im happily switching between tour and sport all the time :slight_smile: felt like 7th heaven. Lol

3 Likes

Excellent, quite an easy fix but not very well known.

It got stuck again, i need to do the process all over. I hope this time will stay released.

Heres the other part of the fix if it gets stuck again now that you have freed it up.
Turn on the ignition, wait a second the push the button to switch it to sport, wait a second then switch back to tour. Then repeat a few times and it should be ok and start the engine. Mine does the same because it is not used enough and could do with a strip down and clean once someone is able to offer this service.

The problem is when it get back to soft, at first from soft to sport np. I will try they way you told me. Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blue one in on Monday at last . Gave Keith th copy of your test so hopefully all sorted this week.

1 Like

Caps off and not ECS shockers after all the wait . Standard non adjustable . As the ride is good definitely not going to get an old set as I have brand new adjustables if there is problem . Wasted £50 going through circuits and fitting new aerial by garage.

1 Like