Driver Side Power Window Issue

Hello all my name is: TJ
I have a: 1995 3000gt SL

I’m having an issue with the power windows specifically on the driver side. (left hand drive)
The Passenger Side Window is working when rolled down on the passenger side. The Passenger Side window as well as the Driver Side Window doesn’t work when I try it using the switch on the driver side door. I even tried replacing the switch today with one from a different car and still no luck. The locks however do work on both switches I’ve had installed on the drivers side so I know it’s not a faulty switch. I’m not sure if it’s the driver side window motor and I would hate to purchase one and install it to find out it’s not so that’s where I’m stuck at currently. From what i’ve read they’re both on the same fuse so I don’t think it could be that? I’m hoping somebody may have the solution to my problem. Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

NO HELP WILL BE GIVEN WITHOUT PROVIDING AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE RELATING TO YOUR ISSUE

My driver’s door light didn’t work and upon inspection my wiring loom where the door attaches to the car had corroded apart. Could be worth looking at the wires there for any obvious signs of them snapping or loose.

The motor can be easily tested with a multimeter to determine if its getting 12v when the switch is operated.
If its not then test the switch for power and continuity when closed.
Don’t go buying any parts without testing the various parts of the system.
Enda

Look at the harness itself. The plug in the door jam likes to break off wires

If you are unfamiliar with using multimeter…

There is a different path you can take to test the window regulator motor.

You will have to take the door card off the door and connect a 12 volt battery to the contacts that operate the electrical motor (polarity does matter)
If you connect and the window does not move than change polarity (wires from positive to negative) as one will make motor spin one way and the other in reverse.