Drive train parts

Hi everyone, my car passed its mot on Friday with just a word of advice that the drive shaft carrier bearings are on their way out. So, I’m going to replace them right away. My question is this, has anyone here done this and if so did they use genuine mitsubishi parts or something like blueprint? I have read a few threads that said aftermarket didn’t fit that well but didn’t state the name of the parts. Any advice welcome. Thanks

Hey Spursman, this is also on my list of “To Do’s” hopefully some time this summer so please let us know how you get on with this job thanks,

Will do mate. Going to have a go at this myself.

I did this last year. Didn’t use Mitsu parts but can’t remember the makers now :thinking: It’s a straight forward job. Remember to match mark the flanges before you disassemble and make a note of how the spacers are fitted on the support brackets go. Take some pics. take care when inserting the splined shaft back into the transfer box and support the shaft with axle stands as you lower it etc. have fun. I still can’t get used to the stink of transfer box gear oil :mask: wear some glasses to keep the crap out of your eyes. spray up the nuts n bolts with plusgas or something the day before. I’ll try and find out the make of the bearings soon. EDIT can’t find the receipt or packing to get the make … sorry

1 Like

Great stuff mate,thanks for the input.

1 Like

Before emptying the transfer box … check you can loosen the filler plug first before removing the drain plug … no good emptying it and then finding out you can’t refill it :grinning:

2 Likes

Did mine awhile back got bearings of rob . lots of good videos on YouTube , just pray your carrier bearing BUSHES are ok i tried everywhere States is £80 delivery

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated

1 Like

I used this in the past before i sold my TT and who’s completely happy with the results
But needed to get the prop shaft balanced because i had some play in the u joints

2 Likes

Thanks for your help mate.

1 Like

Hello,
I changed mine last year, got them on amazon from febest, mcb-009, cheap. Refitted them with new bushings from Japan :slight_smile:

1 Like

All good then I take it?