Doors Sometime "Auto" Lock when closed after a short time

I’m Gary and the original owner of my 1995 3000GT Spyder VR-4 and prior to it a new 1991 3000GT VR-4 that it replaced (sold in 1995) and yes I’m old. For several years I’ve been living with the doors sometime “auto” locking when closed when the engine is off. It doesn’t always happen, they can remain unlocked for days/weeks in my garage and other times will auto lock within a minute of closing either door. I think it is a short in the wiring harness inside the one or both of the door hinges. Since it is so erratic I don’t think it is the door lock itself since outside of the “auto” lock, the door lock remote, key and door switches on both doors work perfectly.

Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to fix? Thanks

1 Like

Is it something to do with the re-locking itself if a door isnt opened after unlocking the car.
Is your courtesy light functioning properly?
Enda

1 Like

Auto locks after a door is opened although for the last week+ it has not been auto locking so I think it is a short that does not always happen. Courtesy light isn’t working now but did recently, not sure if it is related to the auto lock, I’ll check next time it auto locks. The door ajar buttons by the door stills seem to physically work, I’ll have to check out further. Thanks

1 Like