Defroster vents & snake eye assemblies + more

Looking for a few parts:

• RHD defroster vents (Preferably new, alternatively used and undamaged/unrepaired) Check
  • Pair of GTO snake eye assemblies (not the “fake” ones without the light)
  • Black handbrake handle in good condition (just the handle itself, not the entire mechanism) Check
  • Z15A steering rack (RHD 2WS)

Please comment with a picture if you have any of the above, parts would need to be shipped as I´m based in Sweden. Will also only make payments through PayPal.

• Somewhat open to any factory GTO options, JDM/US -99 front bumper and JDM 6-speed transmission. Depending on price/condition of the parts and if shipping can be arranged.

Cheers
Martin

The defroster vents are a nightmare to deal with, as these cars are all on 20+ years and the dashboard on most of them have warped somewhat causing those vents to break… It can be repaired, but it is a dashboard out job, so just be prepared for that

Thanks for the heads up :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m aware the dashboard needs to come out, which I don’t mind since the car is pretty much completely torn apart anyway.
I’ve had the dash out a few times before and also changed the vents on one of my old cars, but that was a LHD and those vents seem easier to get. I know 3SX has the aluminium option for both but having seen those in person on yet another of my old cars, I’m not really a fan of the look.

I’d prefer just to put new ones in and if they break they break, problem seem to be even finding a set though despite looking in Japan. But I have a plastic welder to repair the existing ones so that will be plan B if I can’t find any

Hi Martin
I have new RHD dashboard vents. The snake eye lenses without lights are not fake but were fitted to North American Market. I have new lenses but not complete light assembly. The handbrake handle comes as part of the complete assembly and I don’t know of any way to remove it. Only the gaiter sleeve is removable.
I have videos on my YouTube channel that show how to remove and repair the dashboard. Also there is a video on how to replace the lenses.

Hi Joe, thank you for commenting :slight_smile:
I´m already a fan of your channel actually and subbed since a while back, your video showing how to get the door windows aligned were really helpful after I replaced the regulators a couple of years ago! :+1:
(I´ve been with the platform since 2011, so I´m no stranger working on these, just not that active on the various forums. Currently have a -92 gto tt and a -94 gto mr that I´m doing quite some work on.)

I know the snake eyes without the light are not really fake, I just call them “fake” since the gto’s had the light up version.
The handbrake handle can be pulled off if twitching it back and forth a little while giving a firmer pull :slight_smile: Was going to attach a couple of pictures showing it’s possible but seems I´m not able to do so.

Either way, I’d be interested in buying the vents if you please could send me a pm with price etc, and a few photos if that can be attached. The lenses could be of interest too considering being new parts :+1:

2 Likes

You might have to make a post showing that. Might be helpful for someone.

Assuming you refer to the handbrake handle. I wasn´t able to attach pictures earlier, guessing it might have something to do with me not having done enough posts on the forum, I don’t know - but I’m able to attach them now so here’s a couple of pictures for reference.

Taken today of my own cars:
1st is my MR which had an aftermarket handle fitted, 2nd is the handle from my other GTO which I pulled off just for the picture.