Cooling System Revamp

Hi Joe,

My name’s Christian. I have a 1992 Dodge Stealth ES. I’ve been looking at making the engine bay a little more eye catching. For part of that I’ve decided that I’m going to try and upgrade the upper and lower radiator lines to red Silicone lines. It’s a relatively simple job from what I understand, but there’s a lot of differing opinions on what needs to be done to get the proper amount of coolant back into the system after the job. I’ve replaced the thermostat once before but that only required to drain enough fluid to empty that upper hose.

Any guidance or tips on things to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

I live in Missouri and understand you’ve got some property here in the US, so hopefully I’ll meet you one day if you’re ever in the Midwest!

Thank you for all you do!

Haven’t Done the coolant on mine yet but will be shortly.
Theres two bungs ,I believe on the block to drain completely and a flush would be no harm either.
When refilled, air can be an issue so running the car with the filler cap removed to let it expell the air may be necessary.
Replace the filler cap itself as the seals can go bad on them and check the seal on the expansion bottle cap also. Don’t forget to run your heater also.
Enda