Clutch replacement for the competition

Hi Joe I would love you to fly to Sunny Perth Western Australia and do a clutch change on my 1990 GTO TT I would love to have a crack at doing this job myself and I have tools to do the job but I just don’t have the confidence to tackle such a big job with out some guidance. It would be great to have a few pints with you and pick your brain about my beloved car cheers mate Craig from Perth WA

1 Like

Hi Craig
I would love to have a trip to sunny Perth right now but I have to ask if this is really a job for the average DIY person at home. I know that it is possible to hammer and kick the box into place but I would rather do the job correctly and it involves tilting the engine forward. This means that a engine hoist or support beam is required. If it is not done correctly, there will definitely be damage to the engine bay and gearbox.
That said, gearbox removal has been requested by a lot of people so I am going to add it to the list and see if I can find a way of doing it without damage using domestic tools. Thanks for entering the competition.

I’m 16 and I did my clutch on my 92 vr4 it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done but as long as you have an engine hoist you can do it. I would not have been able to get the job done without this method Gatecrasher transmission install method with Pictures | Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum
The job is very tedious and time consuming but if you stay organized and label all your bolts you should be golden.