Clutch choice for 500BHP

Hello all my name is: Darren
I have a: GTO TT

It has the following issue:

When the car was last on the dyno it was making 465 BHP
The previous owner had fitted a Fidenza clutch rated way over that.

The car has horrible to drive. The clutch was an on off switch and heavier than a series 1 Land rover to press.

What I’m after is advice on a clutch that will handle 500bhp while still feeling like a stock clutch.

Thank you kindly in advance.
Darren
NO HELP WILL BE GIVEN WITHOUT PROVIDING AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE RELATING TO YOUR ISSUE

There is no clutch that will feel like stock that can handle 500hp because stock the 3000gt never made 500 hp. They will all bite hard and the engagement time will be short so the clutch does not slip. The pressure plate has to be strong enough to slam the clutch against the flywheel so that it does not slip, so they will also all be heavy. There might be a way to make the clutch pedal lighter by redoing the pedals and hydraulics, but I haven’t researched that enough to give you an answer because I like a heavy clutch pedal.

I bought a mcloud full face carbon kevlar clutch for mine off evilempire, the 3 and 6 puk ones give the on/off effect

The stock clutch is good for well over stock power if your not doing standing digs, which you shouldnt anyway in a 4wd

Whatnever clutch you get it will he heavy but get a full face one to get as best modulation you can

That’s the one I’ve ended up going for, ordered it a fortnight ago.

I’ll let you guys know how it is once everything is run in.

1 Like