Clutch booster.3000GT 1994 & OBD Port Search

I have a 1994 3000GT UK spec.
Replaced the Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders.
Have bled the system well and the Pedal is very hard, I have yet to refit the battery and other items,
so the engine has not been started following these works.
1/ has this model a clutch booster and will it only operate when the engine is next operated. ( it poured with rain before I could get that far )
2/ Also Several so called experts have been searching …with out success for the OBD port.
Can someone post images.
Its not on the footwell central housing , orthough there is a bracket which has nothing attached.
Its been suggested its on a small black fusebox on the outer wall of the footwell. No one can find this port and I am not flexible enough to look my self.
Images would be appreciated.
Steve S

I have answered my own question by starting the vehicle… and all is well for part 1 of my post.
From some, research it would seem that some models entered the UK with out a OBD port.
I have now employed a small person to take photographs of the supposed OBD port area.
I dont have one.
Any ideas if there is another method to access the ECU .

Not sure about the OBD port but I thought it was somewhere under the steering wheel…but I could be wrong. Also, isnt there a vacuum tank that sits on the front member on the subframe that is supposed to make the clutch pedal easier to press?

Thank you for your reply. Yes the clutch assist is now operational and working fine.

I will strip out the under steering wheel section to get a better look for the OBD.

There is a light grey box in that area 100mm x80mm x20mm approx , so perhaps that may be the item I am looking for.

I am surprised that any part of dash/footwell trim would need to be removed to access this port.

Steve S

Right-hand drive, in the foot well towards the right where there is a fuse box white plug-in.

The GT does not have an OBD2 connector. The diagnostic connector is next to the fuse box on the driver’s side. You either need a MUTII from Mitsubishi or you can blink out the errors.

Cable 12 Pin OBD1 to 16 Pin OBD2
https://www.amazon.com/YLDEE-OBD1-Diagnostic-Cable-Mitsubishi/dp/B08JV9D4ZL

diagconn2

1 Like

Hi
Yes they have a booster and if it a oe style clutch there extremely light on these.
also if your thinging of buying a code reader, buy the blackstealth one, there sold on ebay and come from the states, it does everything the MUT tool does and will read every module on the car, does test functions and will clear codes and faults,
I have one and can well recomend it
cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Hi, do you have a link for that?

HI
Message him on ebay, blackstealthtech on eBay
cheers
Joe

1 Like

How much is this to buy typically? I have wanted one of these for a while now. thanks

Hi
Sure I paid $300 dollars for it and in came in just a week
very good and user friendly

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies.
Clutch working great and the white port plug is also found … but not yet accessed.
S