Climate control repairs

I see your name is in gray compared to others in black… Perhaps it has something to do with some registration or something… Just a guess from here

Woop woop its working now :smiley:

Jey, and now you should be able to PM joe also so he will see it once he comes back from Ukraine :+1:

I know this thread is kinda old. @Joe90, wondering if you still do the CC screen fixes? IDK why I’m not able to message you. Maybe cause I haven’t had the profile for more than a few minutes. Please message me, if you can. Thanks!

Yes, I still do them.

Hi Joe
Are you still fixing these as I have a dead screen

Regards
Barry

Hi Barry
Yes I am. Please contact me by direct message rather than open forum and I can sort you out.

Hi Joe

I’d replaced the two main caps (didn’t fix it) and then noticed that R38 and a couple of the diodes looked a little burnt too.
Just ordered the parts yesterday and then found this forum and your post.

I should have the parts within a day or so, so I’ll fit them first just in case that’s all that’s needed.
Otherwise I’m going to need help and will be in touch.

It’s nice to find a forum with people to talk to, I’ve been trying to get my GT back on the road for over a year now after 9 years laid up in the garage.
The ECU had failed and three different companies here in the UK failed to fix it,
I finally found a place in Texas that fixed it, so the air con display is now the final bit to sort out.

Thanks
Barry

Hi Barry
I am really sorry mate but I don’t usually repair units that have been previously repaired.
I have been spending too many hours checking for faults that have been caused by previous repairs and time is the one thing that I don’t have.
If I do agree to look at it, I will charge extra and may still refuse the job.

There’s usually corroded tracks under the capacitors, they need cleaning and repairing.