Chinese door weather strips via Cheng

I have today fitted the pair I received and they are a vast improvement on my “rubber sealant repaired” ones.

However from the beginning they were $150 plus $75 carriage and paypal fees for cheng . They were ordered 8th of May and were in Heathrow customs on the 21st. I mention this as now we pay Vat and duty to import and Cheng had put full value on invoice not goods value, so I have had to pay £63 instead of £21 and claiming balance of goods only value back. Basically make sure his invoice customs value is solely for goods.

As stated put them on today after quick reminder of Joe’s door panel removal video and it took me about 45 mins each side plus I adjusted the “Kick out” on drivers door from where I put new regulator in before respray.

The only difference between stock and these are the end securing plate which are part of the metal frame on stock and part of the rubber moulding on these. This means the end fixing is far from rigid. However I cannot see anything moving the strips because of this as they sit and fit very tightly on the door metal…

They come with the guides felt etc and the rubber lip is as thick as the stock ones.

I haven’t bothered with pics but confirm they look good from distance and up close, so I am happy to reccommend them .

4 Likes

mine on the passenger side keeps wanting to climb up as if they aren’t hooked correctly on the door frame. the end screws are holding them in place. I’ll need to find a way to make sure the strip stays clipped onto the frame.

Adjust your window riser stops/ guides. My driver side was too tight and was slowed down and would probably do the same after a few days of use without the adjustment.

Pics or it didnt happen

1 Like

good point will take them later on.

1 Like

Dont look to shabby at all

Agreed. Just the rubber moulding fixing ends instead of metal (which are hidden anyway) a bit worrying, but as they pinch really tight on door frame metal ( tapped final mm down with hammer and 6" ruler) cant see it moving…
The old ones had rubber like concrete and the splits were sealed with rubber filler so looked ok from 10 metres (?) but have scratched window glass and let water inside door on to regulator.

where are these risers? forgive my ignorance

They are the bits that alter the angle, height of the glass in the door. Watch the video by Joe and all will make sense.

On you Tube type in window repair 3000GT/GTO and you will see in part 2 and part 1 will show you how to take door apart.

1 Like

can you supply info / links for your weather stripps look realy good i need some for my GTO
thanks

Chris

Cheng Shu

Lives in Guangzhou, China

Studied at 暨南大學 Jinan University

On Facebook search

o so there is not shop ? dont realy have any trust with facebook

yeah you need to message her on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/915448125290534/user/100047756477062/

payment via paypal and she gives invoice so you are well covered.

they do look great, my passenger side doesn’t seem to catch the door and hold down as well as it should but it works. The rubber tends to grip my window inhibiting it from rising up smoothly but I feel it may break in