Centre exhaust section

Hi all. I’m sure that I’m not the only person to know this but thought I would share it anyway. I’ve been trying to get the center exhaust section for my 1992 Non Turbo GTO for some time and the only place I could find that had them was Eval Empire at about £250.00. In the end I thought what the hell I’ll try my local Mitsubishi dealer and way hey they got me an original part (MR404445) in less than 24 hrs for £93.00 + VAT. Now for Mitsubishi I thought that was a good deal.

2 Likes

Well done. It really pays to shop around

That’s a blinding price but it also re-enforces what I keep on saying. Go to your local mitsubishi or dodge dealer first. Rob has some good contacts and great knowledge but he will get 90% of his parts from mitsubishi.

2 Likes

I replaced the same section of pipe for a local guy on his non turbo and got it from my local Mitsubishi dealer too. They said that Mitsubishi in Europe had discounted the price down to £93 recently to clear the stock of parts! Apparently there were 6 of the sections of exhaust system available when we purchased and they hadn’t sold any for years! Moving dead stock I guess. As for evil empires price it does state on his website £30 shipping because of the package size and if he was pricing on the original Mitsubishi price then he will be more money! Rob is an invaluable source for the parts for our cars and community, and has always been fair with his pricing, he is running a business after all. Sometimes we get lucky with the main dealers and you get someone helpful who’s willing to get on the old system and find old parts. Let us not forget the parts we are all chasing to keep our cars on the road are getting on for 30 years old in some respects. these parts weren’t made last week, month or even last year Mitsubishi gave up making parts for the cars years ago, so we are all chasing vintage new old stock now.

1 Like

often worth trying Mitsi as I have also have had a few surprises and it’s been cheaper than expected. Can go the other way of course. Happy for you.

1 Like