Can you do a video on the click click start?

Apparently the vr4 and others had the issue where you turn the key to start and it doesn’t start right away. I have to turn the key back and forward and then it will eventually start. People have called it the click click start issue, Thanks!

1 Like

i have had this fault with my car and fitted the above realy mod , i also found that there is a realy under the MAF sensor , which is resistor pack realy i fitted a new one of these , it just a normal realy you can get them from most Auto shops . not one made for this car only.

mine is 1991 Twin Turbo VR4 model

Hope this help you

Can someone please educate me on this matter.
These cars have worked fine for 30 years or more without this mod. This is 3 times longer than the average lifespan of a car in the UK.
Why do we suddenly need to fit a mod rather than find the faulty part and replace it?

2 Likes

I think it is called supplemental restrain system. It happened to me after disconnecting the battery. You suppose to turn the key on and off ten times then it starts

Supplemental restraint system is SRS which is air bags. That has nothing to do with this post. Did you accidentally post in the wrong thread?

I’ve bought a switch after reading this thread but have yet to install it. My car also isn’t too bad. Maybe once a week I’ll have to turn the ignition twice to get it to fire. I know some guys it’s 10 or so times every time.
https://www.3si.org/threads/click-click-start-the-real-no-bs-fix.536064/

Thanks for posting this. It is a personal hate of mine when people rush to do mods rather than just fix the problem.
It is also worth cleaning the contacts on the thick wire that you separate to install the mod.
Finally, remember that you can get the same symptoms with dirty battery contacts or faulty starter motor.
Sometimes faults are easier and cheaper than you think.

3 Likes

I had this issue and tested the starter and the starter did indeed fail the test. Only costed 70 dollars to rebuild the starter. I’m not sure if that’s expensive or not but the dealership told me new OEM ones are pretty expensive.

1 Like